The history of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Krakow dates back to 1901, when the Bishop of Krakow, Anatol Nowak, consecrated the cornerstone for the construction of the church. The construction lasted until 1912, but due to military operations, the church was consecrated only in 1921. The title of minor basilica was given to the church by Pope John XXIII in 1960.
This three-nave church is a mixture of modernism, romanesque, gothic and baroque styles. The church tower is 68 meters high and is one of the tallest church towers in Krakow.